ICSA Hosted a Media Call with Journalists to Discuss the Upcoming Global Vote On Regulating Aviation Emissions
September 15, 2016 – Thanks so much to everyone who joined the media call today. The International Coalition for Sustainable Aviation (ICSA) appreciates your interest in aviation emissions and wants to continue being a resource, especially during the ICAO General Assembly.
We discussed several resources on the press call, which are summarized below:
- Media Call Recording: All press call statements are on-record.
- Media Call PowerPoint: The complete slide deck is available and individual graphics can be shared upon request.
- Five Ways to Save the Aviation Agreement: ICSA expresses strong reservations about the current agreement and provides five ways to save it.
- Aviation Backgrounder: This resource includes facts and context about aviation emissions and the General Assembly.
- Progress Report: ICSA prepared a progress report on the MBM, highlighting progress and current shortcomings.
- Press Credentialing: This ICAO link provides info about how to receive a press pass at the General Assembly.
- Additional Resources: For any follow-up questions or interview requests, please contact Ben Rubin at firstname.lastname@example.org.
FlightPath 1.5 is a global campaign of leading environmental voices, dedicated to cutting aviation climate pollution and ensuring that aviation contributes its fair share to the goal of limiting the global temperature increase to 1.5°C above pre-industrial levels. The campaign is spearheaded by the International Coalition for Sustainable Aviation, the official civil society observer to the UN International Civil Aviation Organization. Find out more at www.FlightPath1point5.org.